A Quieter Place, offers a quiet, beautiful space for meditation, guidance, and other kinds of learning about being human and living with our selves and others peacefully:
Many would say it's never been more important to have a clear mind and courageous heart. Each month we will explore together how we can bring this about, bringing more mindfulness, understanding, and compassion into our lives.
Bring questions and concerns about meditation and meditate with others.
Beginners and more experienced meditators welcome.
- An Eight(8)-Week (10-11:30am) Meditation Series, including 1/2 hour sitting, a talk, and discussion time. If you have some experience meditating, you may join us anytime during an existing 8 weeks. Contact Padme if you are interested in creating one for yourself and/or others.
- An adventurous book study. We are happy to offer this 6 week book study program to your group with Active Hope: How to Face the Mess We're in without Going Crazy by Joanna Macy and Chris Johnstone.
See Programs for how to share this next adventure with your group, large or small.
Sharing this book with a group will be especially interesting and helpful to those who:
- Are aware of the danger our world is in, and feel paralyzed to do anything about it.
- Would prefer to feel nourished,energized, empowered, and inspired to do what you can.
- Interested enough in the title to see Programs for more information.
- All classes are intentionally small, allowing for personal guidance and a sense of shared, quiet, connection as we explore our humanness.
- Retreats and workshops for your group (ex. your women's support group, school, men's support group, work group) may include meditation guidance, meetings with Padme, guided meditations and/or teaching and relationship skills.
- A commitment to fair pricing, with shared-economy bartering opportunities.
- Padme's book, Let's Not Call It Meditation: Practical Guidance for People Who Think They Can't Sit Still and Quiet the Mind, and her 3 meditation CDs available through our store. The book is now available in paperback.
- Free off-street parking. All visitors are asked to park only on our property.
Consider making an appointment to experience our beautiful setting for yourself.